Hope everyone's ready to do some serious planting this Saturday! I'm definitely excited.
Just wanted to refresh the information for you ...
Please note the event will take place rain or sunshine.
We recommend that you arrive a few minutes earlier than the specified time in order to complete registration and receive your TD Tree Days t-shirt. There will be a brief welcome huddle where important information will be shared followed by instructions on how to properly plant the trees/shrubs.
Parking and Directions: - Please drive through 2040 Ellesmere Road, Scarborough, you will see the TD direction signs for parking.
It's a business complex and they have provided permission to park behind the building (planting sites at the back as well)
*Please do not park in Reserve Spots!
Clothing: ***** It's very important that you follow the instructions given below****
• Wear closed toed sturdy footwear. Please do not wear sandals or flip-flops for the event.
• Wear comfortable, closed toed shoes or rubber boots.
• Shoes will get dirty! Do not wear expensive shoes as they may get ruined
• Absolutely no flip-flops or sandals: participants with this type of footwear will not be permitted to plant.
• The terrain is uneven and there may be prickly vegetation that can cause rashes (eg: thistle, buckthorn, poison ivy, wild parsnip, etc.)
• Wear pants to protect legs from scratches and insect bites
• Dress for the weather… we plant rain or shine
• Bring or wear sunscreen and a hat
• Bring a litter-less lunch (if applicable)
• Bring a water bottle. We will have extra water on site for refills.
• Please leave all electronics and valuables at home. TD/TRCA will not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.
• Dress for the weather. You can dress in layers with a windbreaker and bring rain gear in case of rainy conditions.
• Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are also good items to bring along.
• Previous volunteers are encouraged to wear their TD Tree Days t-shirt from last year.
Allergies: As this event will be held outdoors, there is potential for insect stings/bites.
If you have an allergy to insect stings/bites to bring EpiPen (or alternate epinephrine device) for first aid treatment if required.
Please bring the following items with you:
• Garden gloves will be provided, please feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
• If you are bringing minors of which you aren't the parent/guardian, please download and print the Minor Participant Waiver and Photo Release forms (https://www.tdtreedays.com/minor-waiver-parent-not-accompanied-en.pdf) for parent/guardian signature. You must provide the signed forms to the TD Site Leader when you arrive at the event.
Light Snacks will be provided.
We will not be providing coffee/tea, due to disposable cups are not recyclable items in the City of Toronto.
We encourage you to bring your own hot drinks if you prefer!
Thank you once again for volunteering.
We look forward to meeting you at the event!