Good Morning Everyone!
I hope you all are having a great week, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of you this Saturday morning at Churchill Park in Westdale. The planting area is located at the end of Marion Avenue North, and intersects with Dromore Crescent. Our event will start at 9:30am, but if I could ask that you make your way to the planting site for 9am so we can get everyone registered, and organized to ensure we are ready to go at 9:30am. There will be some additional waivers for all of you to sign for Earth Day Hamilton Burlington, as well as the Royal Botanical Gardens.
Here are just a few quick reminders:
- please bring a shovel if you wish, we usually have extra shovels if you forget, but you are welcome to bring your own from home.
- the area we are planting in, is a grassy area merging into a light brush……please dress accordingly, and be mindful of TICKS. It's been a bad season for TICKS, and with the extended period of warmer weather we have been experiencing, we still have to be careful. If you're bringing younger ones, always a good idea to have them covered with long sleeves, and trousers.
- Please wear proper footwear, closed toe shoes are a MUST!!
- We will have water onsite, so please bring a refillable water bottle.
- Washroom Facilities will be available at the Lawn Bowling Clubhouse, which is located at Churchill Park.
- If you've helped out in the past, please wear your TD Tree Days t-shirt, although I will have some to hand out the morning of.
- We have some gardening gloves to hand out, but please feel free to bring your own from home as well.
Have a great week everyone, and I will see you all on Saturday morning.