Hello TD Tree Days Volunteers!
Thank you for registering for this amazing event!
Please note the event will take place rain or shine -- that being said, we are looking at a beautiful day with a low of 12 and high of 22 cloudy with sunshine.
Just a reminder that registration starts at 9:00AM and we recommend that you arrive early so that you can get set up with your t-shirt and gloves in your required size quickly. After registration, we will have a brief welcome huddle followed up with a tutorial on how to plant our 450 trees/shrubs!
Parking and Directions:
There is a lot of street parking available around the site at Victory Park in addition to the lot. The park is accessible from many of the streets surrounding the park but I would encourage volunteers to park along Redbank Crescent.
- Wear closed toed sturdy footwear. Please do not wear sandals or flip flops to the event--you will not be able to participate wearing inappropriate footwear.
- Dress for the weather. You can dress in layers with a windbreaker and bring rain gear in case of rainy conditions.
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are also good items to bring along.
- Previous volunteers are encouraged to wear their TD Tree Days t-shirt from last year.
- Important: there is a warning for tics in the area so we highly recommend to wear clothing that does not expose any skin--especially around your ankles.
Please bring the following items with you:
- Garden gloves will be provided, please feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
- A reusable water bottle - water will be available to refill
- If you are bringing minors of which you aren't the parent/guardian, please download and print the Minor Participant Waiver and Photo Release forms (https://www.tdtreedays.com/minor-waiver-parent-not-accompanied-en.pdf) for parent/guardian signature. You must provide the signed forms to the TD Site Leader when you arrive at the event.
Thank you once again for volunteering.
We look forward to meeting you at the event!
Kitu Purba, Site Leader