TD Tree Days Privacy Notice
Protecting privacy is fundamental to the way the TD Bank Group, of which The Toronto-Dominion Bank and TD Friends of the Environment Foundation are part, does business. Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and explains what to do if you would like us to stop processing your personal information for any reason.
This Notice applies to the following TD entities:
The Toronto-Dominion Bank
66 Wellington Street, 19th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5K 1A2
TD Friends of the Environment Foundation
66 Wellington Street, 30th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5K 1A2
In this Notice, the words, "you" and "your" mean any person who wishes to join our Tree Days online community and participate in a Tree Days Event. The words “we”, “us” or “our” includes each of the entities listed above. A reference to “TD” is a reference to each of the TD Bank Group branches and entities listed above. The word “personal information” means any personal data or details about you that you provide us and we obtain from others outside TD.
This Privacy Notice sets out:
· what personal information we may collect, hold and use about you;
· the purposes for which your personal information may be collected, held, used and disclosed;
· how we collect, hold and use your personal information;
· how we protect your personal information;
· who we may share your personal information to (including overseas recipients);
· how you may access and correct your personal information; and
· how you can contact us.
We collect personal information that we believe is reasonably necessary for our primary functions and/or activities of TD Tree Days.
We only collect personal information in the course of:
· Registering you as a user of the TD Tree Days website;
· Communicating with you in general and in respect of TD Tree Days near you which you have signed up to attend; and
· Marketing activities such as surveys regarding Tree Days and its events after you have agreed to participate in such activities.
Personal information we collect about you would typically include:
· Your preferred name, legal name and contact details;
· If you are a parent/legal guardian registering on behalf of a child, their name and age range;
· If you are the leader of a Service Club and are registering children, their age ranges;
· Whether you are a TD employee a member of the community;
· Your preferred physical location so we can offer you appropriately located events;
· Audio and Visual content of your participation in any TD Tree Days events;
· Your consent as to whether or not you allow such content to be used; and
· Information which you volunteered following a marketing exercise such as a survey which you chose to participate after registering on the TD Tree Days Site and/or participating in a TD Tree Days event.
We will use the preferred name you are providing when communicating to you in person, digitally, by phone, and via mail regarding TD Tree Days, unless use of your legal name is necessary.
We only collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for purposes related to TD Tree Days and/or activities which you would reasonably expect us to use it for without your permission.
In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
· Co-ordinating a database of registered users of our TD Tree Days website;
· Co-ordinating a database of those users who are interested in participating in TD Tree Days;
· Communicating with our registered users using a variety of different media selected by the users;
· Coordinating the TD Tree Days events themselves, including attendance lists and follow up emails;
· Promoting TD Tree Days and individual TD Tree Day events; and
· Other administrative purposes such as record keeping, including limited profiles of our users, subject always to your ability to opt out of this profiling either online (https://www.tdtreedays.com/en-us/unsubscribe) or via contacting us as explained below in Section 9 and our obligations to delete personal information if it is no longer required, as explained in Section 4 below.
We also use session cookies on the Website for security purposes. These cookies do not collect personal information but allow the Website to function properly and smoothly. They are deleted when each of your sessions on the Website finish, either through logging off or closing your browser.
Usually, we will collect personal information about you when you provide it to us online via the TD Tree Days website, or it is provided to us with your authority (for example, by way of registration forms completed at an event).
We generally hold personal information within paper or electronic files, including emails. We may in some circumstances store personal information with a third party data storage provider. Your personal information may also be held in a secure archiving facility. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information that we hold or is held on our behalf is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. Please refer to “How we protect your information” below.
We do not use any government-issued identifiers (such as national insurance numbers or tax file numbers) as our own identifier.
We will protect your personal information with appropriate safeguards and security measures.
We have technical and organization measures to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. These include but are not limited to:
· personal information is only accessible by limited, relevant members of staff, and all staff are bound by duties of confidentiality;
· all electronic information is held on systems that incorporate firewalls, password-controlled access and virus protection procedures; and
· all staff receive annual training regarding privacy, information security and information handling.
We will retain your personal information only for the time it is required and for the purposes we explained to you. If you do not re-register either on the Tree Days community or for an event for seven (7) years, we will interpret this as you no longer wishing to be involved with Tree Days. When your personal information is no longer needed, we have procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
While we will always use our best efforts to protect your personal information, please be aware that we cannot guarantee its security, particularly if it is sent over the internet or through any other unsecure channel.
We may from time to time disclose personal information:
· Within the TD entities as listed above;
· to third party service providers (for example, when we have outsourced certain functions to specialist providers). We will only provide such information as is necessary for the service provider to carry out their function and it will be subject to confidentiality clauses in the applicable services agreement, as well as other clauses reflecting our obligations to you as the controller of your personal information. These service providers may be located in jurisdictions other than that in which your information was collected. When we transfer personal data to third parties in jurisdictions other than yours, TD takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the third party does not breach this Privacy Notice or any and all applicable privacy laws. If there is any conflict between these various laws, the law with the highest standard shall prevail; or
· as otherwise required by any applicable laws.
We may share your personal information in other ways if you have expressly consented in advance to that sharing.
We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
Upon request, we will give you access to the personal information we have about you. Subject to confirming your identity and any other requirements required by law, we will provide you with access to your personal information within a reasonable time frame and in accordance with the local applicable law. Under certain circumstances and where we are permitted to by the local applicable law, we may not provide you with access to certain information. If this occurs, we will explain why in writing to you when we respond to your request. If we deny your request for access on any basis, we will again explain the reasons for this decision in writing to you.
To request access please contact TD.TreeDays@td.com. The full contact details are set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date, based on the information you provide us. If you believe that any of your personal information that we hold is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact us using the details below and provide us with supporting documents explaining how and/or why our records are incorrect.
If we agree that your personal information requires correcting, we will take reasonable steps to do so. If we do not agree, we will provide you with the reasons for not correcting your personal information. We will keep a record of your request and our reasons for not agreeing with you.
You are entitled to ask us at any time to stop processing your personal information, either entirely or specifically in relation to certain purposes such as specific TD Tree Day events. If you wish to us to stop processing either entirely or for specific purposes, please contact us either on the details set out below and ask us to stop / not to send you any further material as appropriate.
We may not be able to stop processing your information where we are required to do so by law or any other necessary purpose. However, if this is the case, we will write to you and explain this.
We will endeavor to respond to your request within a reasonable period of time from when we receive it.
If you would like more information about how we manage your personal information or to request access to or correction of your personal information as processed by any of the data controllers listed above, please contact:
National TD Tree Days Coordinator. Email: TD.TreeDays@td.com Address: 66 Wellington Street, 30th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5K 1A2
If you wish to raise any concerns about a breach or potential breach of your privacy, please contact the National TD Tree Days Coordinator in writing on the details set out above. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint internally and within a reasonable timeframe, escalating it where appropriate. We will inform you of the outcome of our resolution of your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may be able to lodge a complaint with your local Privacy regulator. Each regulator may have a different process for lodging complaints and we encourage you to contact your local regulator first to check this. We have set out the contact details for the Privacy regulators in the jurisdictions which this Privacy Notice covers below:
Office of Privacy Commissioner
This Privacy Notice is reviewed regularly. It was last updated on July 18, 2023.